Updates and Ramblings by yours truly

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Elelator tales

I feared it might happen several times, but today it finally happened: I dropped my key down the hole between the floor and the elevator.

My roommate is away til october 4 and I don't have the spare key, so the doorman and I took matters into our own hands and stopped the elevator. To make a long story short, I got to go down into the elevator well for the first (and probably only) time! I have my key back and got a new memory out of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

That is soo cool! Did you have to go through the escape hatch or something and "die hard" your way down?

2:36 AM

 
Blogger Admin said...

ha! apparently this happens in my building too. the desk staff gets really peeved - or so i hear.

9:45 PM

 
Blogger cindabin said...

Lorraine go down the hooooooole.

(I should mention that this is a reference to Tiny Toons, so that whoever reads this won't start guessing alternate meanings...yikes. ;) )

10:28 PM

 
Blogger lorrainestorm said...

I didn't get to rapel down or anything, but it did take a good amount of flexibility to get the elevator to stop half-way and to climb down and back up. Not sure I'd want to have to again, but still fun.

ps. I'm glad you caught the reference, Cinder. I had to tell one too many people that I meant to write "elelator" because of the good 'ol plucky duck days.

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home