Updates and Ramblings by yours truly

Monday, July 31, 2006

Meeting the Midwest

There's nothing like a trip to the midwest to release stress. I made it in to Chicago an hour late, but excited about my first visit to the windy city (the countless airport layovers don't count). Deepak tried to pick me up, but got stuck in traffic. It was a good lesson in avoiding the Dan Ryan. We headed straight back to Deepak's new place in South Bend, IN (a 1.5-2 hour drive) to crash since I was still recovering and we knew we'd be back in Chicago soon. Here's a brief overview of my first weekend:

Friday - arrive 4pm, nibble on Panera, drive to South Bend, rest
Saturday - rest, walk around Notre Dame campus, try to eat spaghetti, rest
Sunday - rest, train to Chicago, explore Millenium park with Deepak's friends, nibble on Thai food, rest
Monday - visit University of Chicago, nibble on deep dish pizza, visit Northwestern (after a mix-up and train trek to Evanston), train back to South Bend

Things I learned:
1. There's little sadder than not having much appetite for good food
2. Rest is the best medicine
3. University of Chicago has a beautiful campus and 2-year-old b-school. Although I'm not sure the school's culture and focuses are for me, I am tempted to put GSB on my list.
4. Despite all of my research and positive first impressions of the school, something didn't feel right on Northwestern's campus. I'm taking it off my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home